Can't negotiate with creditors by yourself? Find a reputable, non-profit credit counseling group.
- Check reputation with the Better Business Bureau, or with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office.
There are a number of excellent resources about finances on the web. Some you might want to check out include:
- Purdue Extension "Planning For A Secure Retirement"
- Iowa State University Extension "Thinking Over An Early Retirement Offer"
- Cooperative State, Research, And Extension Service "Financial Security In Later Life"
- National Endowment For Financial Education
- America Saves
- University of Missouri Extension "Credit In The Family Budget"
- National Foundation For Credit Counseling